Thursday, November 20, 2008

Way More Homemade Holidays

Donna at www.waymorehomemade.com is hosting an online blog carnival today in which we can share about some of our favorite Thanksgiving and Christmas traditions.
Let me just say that I LOVE traditions! We have many, but the one I will share about is our Christmas Talent Show. This year will be our 3rd annual and I am really looking forward to it. Not as a participant, but just cheering the kids on from the sidelines. There are a dozen kid cousins (age 3-18) on my side of the family and these kids are so very talented. They will each have about two minutes to strut their stuff. Each child is so unique and special and I get teary eyed watching them. Last year we had solos on various instruments, a puppet show, original poetry reading, and an art show. Audrey, then age 5, made puppets and did a totally awesome job of reenacting the Christmas story. I especially loved when King Herod got thrown because she was finished with that part of the story. Alaina did a beautiful job playing the piano and this year is planning to play two pieces. She is doing so well in her lessons and I love to hear her play. Ryan danced to the electric bass solo of his cousin last year, but I am hoping that this year he will want to do his own thing. It is so much fun to encourage each of these kids in their talent(s) and watch them progress from year to year.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! It's wonderful that you live close to the cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie - I love it. What a neat idea. Our brood of cousins is far too unruly for anything so organized. ;) But it's a thought.

    ~Donna

    ReplyDelete