Thursday, November 13, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY

Screeching in here at the last minute before I go to bed...but I didn't want to forget my Thankful Thursday post. Hmmm, well today what caught my attention and warmed my heart was something my daughter Audrey did. As I was getting a load of laundry out of the dryer this afternoon I realized she was standing right behind me. I said, "Excuse me, sweetie" as I maneuvered the laundry around her and went to dump it on the couch. I went back to transfer some more laundry from the washer to the dryer and when I got back to the couch Audrey had started folding the laundry without even being asked to help. She proceeded to fold the entire load of laundry by herself (6 year old style but I was thankful for the help anyway). The kids all help with laundry when I ask them to (even Ryan helps with kitchen towels), but it is not typically something they would do on their own. So I am thankful that today Audrey saw a need and made the choice to help. Although she is trying to do extra chores to earn a box of 96 crayons ("the box of 96 has some glittery crayons, Mom!") to take to school instead of the oh so boring box of 48 she has now, I am choosing to believe she did this out of the goodness of her heart...because all that was left on her extra chores list was to clean up the play room and she did that after she folded the clothes...and because she has such a sweet heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment