Wednesday, November 5, 2008

CHANGE

Edited to add: Please understand that my intent with this post is not to ostracize anyone that does not feel the same way that I do about this subject. I am just hoping to provide some food for thought that might help the people mentioned in the second paragraph below next time election day rolls around. Also, although I did not vote for him, I am choosing to respect Obama as our next president and waiting to see what he will do...and praying that it will be good.

Change can be good. Yesterday I took my son to see a new surgeon as we were not pleased with the outcome of his last surgery with the previous surgeon. I am excited about this change. I feel that this will be a good change for my son.

Then there is the change in the White House. Obviously who I wanted to be president did not win. At this point I still respect Obama. I believe that he might possibly be capable of making some good changes for our nation. Except for one certain people group. These people are in big trouble and for them the change in the White House will not be good. These people will continue to not have a voice. They will not be heard. They will have no rights. They are oppressed and they will continue to be oppressed even to the point of death. Why? Because they are "in the way" and "not born at the right time". They are not as important as others around them. Not even as important as their own family members. At least not in the eyes of a good part of our society. They are the people who have not yet been born. Not all people who have not yet been born...just those who are not being born into the "right" family at the "right" time. It is sad. I wonder what these people would have been. Each having their own genetic make-up. Unique. Never another like them. Would one of these people have had a brain that was wired in such a way so that they could discover the cure for cancer? Would one of these people have been able to be a great leader for our nation? We will never know.
OK-tomorrow- for a lighter post I'll post a cute kid picture or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment