Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cool Christmas Giveaway

It's time for a Cool Christmas Giveaway! Lysa Terkeurst of Proverbs 31 ministries is hosting. If you visit her blog you can check out what her readers are giving away on their blogs. Hey- you never know you might just win something! You might just win something here too. I am giving away a copy of this:


This is a great book given to me by a friend the first Christmas I was a mom. She also gave me a set of handmade ornaments to accompany the book. She is crafty. I am not. Therefore, I will only be able giving away a copy of the book. But it is a really good book and here's how it works: Starting on December 1st, we read one devotional each night and one child unwraps the corresponding ornament to go with the book. We have a special little Christmas tree called the Jesse tree just for these ornaments. The kids really, really look forward to doing this each night after dinner. If you are crafty, you could make your own ornaments to go along with the book (you could do this throughout the year since you probably would want to wait until next Christmas to start this tradition anyway). If you are not crafty, there are suggestions in the book for easy ways to reproduce the ornaments. This is a fun and meaningful tradition that gives everyone in our family a daily reminder of WHO Christmas is really all about and I look forward to continuing this tradition with our kids for years to come (and hopefully they will do it with their kids as well).

Hmmm, how to pick a winner...the book will be given away to whoever can accurately list the most of the 12 Days of Christmas without looking. So, leave me a comment describing what the "true love" gave on days 1-12 and you will be entered in the drawing. I'll get you started:

1-a partridge in a pear tree, 2-??, 3-???, etc.

If several people can list all 12 days then I will having a drawing with those people.

Remember, no peeking!!! :o)



Angie

P.S. While you're here, please say a prayer for Aunt Kay . She is one neat, godly lady who is truly in need of a miracle. Thank you!

P.S.S. Just list as many as you can...I can't do them all either!











14 comments:

  1. 1 - Partridge in a pear tree
    2 - Turtle doves
    3 - French hens
    4 - Calling birds
    5 - Golden rings
    6 - Geese-a-laying
    7 - Swans-a-swimming
    8 - Maids-a-milking
    9 - Ladies dancing
    10 - Lords-a-leaping
    11 - Pipers piping
    12 - Drummers drumming

    My kids have watched Boz's Christmas DVD about 100 times this year and that sogn is on there. YES! The benefit for struggling through it so many times! :-)

    Tina at egl4031@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I could just copy Tina's comment. But instead i'll just say Merry Christmas to you, and come by my blog to enter my contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. partridge and a pear tree
    2 turtle doves
    3 french
    4 calling
    5 golden ring
    6 geese a laying
    7 swans a swimming
    8 maids a mimlking
    9 ladies dancing
    10 lords a leaping
    11 pipers pipping
    12 drummers drumming
    we listen to it over and over
    and I have na looking and searching for the book on the Jesse Tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't peek I promise! I was actually just practicing this downstairs.. I am a total geek considering that I was simultaneously reflecting on how much I am sick of this song... anyway here goes my attempt, just for the sheer contest of it:

    12 drummers drumming
    11 pipers piping
    10 lords a leaping
    9 ladies dancing
    8 maids a milking
    7 swans a swimming
    6 geese a laying
    5 gold rings
    4 calling birds
    3 french hens
    2 turtle doves
    1 partridge in a pear tree

    how did I do? by the way, I already have a copy of the jesse tree book, so please pass it on to someone else. it's a great tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 golden rings,
    4 turtle doves,
    3 french hens,
    2 calling birds,
    and a partridge in a pear tree.

    I totally don't remember 12-6, and my mind just keeps trying to read the comment above me and copy it, lol! Anyway, good luck to all - I've heard a lot about the book and the tradition, and might just pick up the book myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hard work....

    1-partridge in a pear tree
    2-turtle doves
    3-french hens
    4-calling birds
    5-golden rings (I wish)
    6-geese a layin
    7-swans a swimmin
    8-maids a milkin (poor girls)
    9-ladies dancin (they surely got what they asked for)
    10-lords a leapin
    11-pipers pipin
    12-drummers drummin

    WHew! Great contest! Thanks...it was fun, actually!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1-partridge in a pear tree
    2-turle doves
    3-french hens
    4-calling birds
    5-golden rings
    6-geese a laying
    7-swans a swimming
    8-maids a milking
    9-ladies dancing
    10-lords a leaping
    11-pipers piping
    12-drummers drumming

    Wow! what a brain bender. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is great!
    12 drummers drumming
    11 pipers piping
    10 lords a leaping
    9 ladies dancing
    8 maids a milking
    7 swans a swimming
    6 geese a laying
    5 golden rings
    4 calling birds
    3 french hens
    2 turtle doves
    A partridge in a pear tree

    My children and I just did a unit study on the song! I believe I got them. If I didn't...shhh don't tell my children. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1 - Partridge in a pear tree
    2 - Turtle doves
    3 - French hens
    4 - Calling birds
    5 - Gold rinnnngggggssss
    6 - Geese-a-laying
    7 - Swans-a-swimming
    8 - Maids-a-milking
    9 - Ladies dancing
    10 - Lords-a-leaping
    11 - Pipers piping
    12 - Drummers drumming

    And a prayer for special Aunt Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blessings Angie...Special miracle prayer for Aunt Kay!

    Since Tina has them all and it looks like others previous to me do also...you'll have to draw!!!
    I'm an old timer and just heard Alvin & the Chipmunks do this this morning...
    1 - Partridge in a pear tree
    2 - Turtle doves
    3 - French hens
    4 - Calling birds
    5 - Golden rings
    6 - Geese-a-laying
    7 - Swans-a-swimming
    8 - Maids-a-milking
    9 - Ladies dancing
    10 - Lords-a-leaping
    11 - Pipers piping
    12 - Drummers drumming

    The Advent Jesse Tree looks full of beautiful ideas, added it to my wish list! I know it's not available here in Mexico...so I can only hope. I think my mom made ornaments like this for a Jesse twig but she never explained it or called it this...so this was inspiring to me. May Jesus brighten your season with more of Him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1 partridge in a pear tree
    2 turtle doves
    3 french hens
    4 calling birds
    5 golden rings
    6 geese a laying
    7 swans a swimming
    8 maids a milking
    9 ladies dancing
    10 lords a leaping
    11 pipers piping
    and 12 drummers drumming

    fun song

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have a book that we read with the twelve days of Christmas so let's see how good my memory is:

    First day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
    Partridge in a Pear Tree.

    Second day of Chrismas my true love gave to me:
    Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

    Third day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
    Three French Hens, Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

    Four day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
    Four Calling Birds, Three French Hens, Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

    Fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
    Five Golden Rings...
    Four Calling Birds
    Three French Hens
    Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

    Sixth Day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
    Six Geese a laying
    Five Golden Rings
    Four Calling Birds
    Three French Hens
    Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

    Seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
    Seven Swans swimming
    Six Geese a laying
    Five Golden Rings
    Four Calling Birds
    Three French Hens
    Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

    Eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
    Eight maids milking
    Seven Swans swimming
    Six Geese a laying
    Five Golden Rings
    Four Calling Birds
    Three French Hens
    Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

    Ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
    Nine ladies dancing
    Eight maids milking
    Seven Swans swimming
    Six Geese a laying
    Five Golden Rings
    Four Calling Birds
    Three French Hens
    Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

    Tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
    Ten lords leaping
    Nine ladies dancing
    Eight maids milking
    Seven Swans swimming
    Six Geese a laying
    Five Golden Rings
    Four Calling Birds
    Three French Hens
    Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

    Eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
    Eleven pipers piping
    Ten lords leaping
    Nine ladies dancing
    Eight maids milking
    Seven Swans swimming
    Six Geese a laying
    Five Golden Rings
    Four Calling Birds
    Three French Hens
    Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

    On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me:
    Twelve drummers drumming
    Eleven pipers piping
    Ten lords leaping
    Nine ladies dancing
    Eight maids milking
    Seven Swans swimming
    Six Geese a laying
    Five Golden Rings
    Four Calling Birds
    Three French Hens
    Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

    Lord, touch Aunt Kay at this moment!

    Blessings to you,

    Caroline

    thegrossmans at carolina.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1-partridge in a pear tree
    2-turle doves
    3-french hens
    4-calling birds
    5-golden rings
    6-geese a laying
    7-swans a swimming
    8-maids a milking
    9-ladies dancing
    10-lords a leaping
    11-pipers piping
    12-drummers drumming

    Count me in!!

    In His Graces~Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought about doing the Winnie the Pooh version that we've been listening to recently but all I can remember is

    Five Honey Pots... yumm.

    :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete