Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Winner of the Advent Book

And the winner is..............Peggy! Congratulations! I wrote the names on pieces of paper for everyone and asked my hubbie to close his eyes and pick one. Peggy, please email me at angiemama815 @ yahoo . com (remove spaces) and send me your contact info.

As I was double-checking all of the possible winning comments for the advent book, the 12 Days of Christmas song was running through my head. It reminded me of a funny experience with this song. Back in college I had a tight-knit group of friends. We still get together every New Years Day with our families. We were all music majors and guess what music majors do for fun? Well, geeky musical things, of course. So a few years after college we were having our annual party around Christmas time and we decided to go to an electronics store and make a Christmas song cassette (yes, this was before CD's and Karaoke were popular). One of the girls had been married for one year. We each had a part in the song and this friend had the part of "Five Gollllllld Rings". On the very last verse of the song instead of "five gold rings" she belted out, "I AM PREGGGGGGNANT!" Only her hubbie and I knew before that night that she was expecting so the rest of the recording is filled with things like "WHAT?", "REALLY?" and "CONGRATULATIONS!" It was so funny. This also happens to be the same friend that gave me the Jesse tree book the first Christmas I was a mom. Oh, and now when we get everyone together on New Year's Day our gatherings consist of eating and hoping that we can finish a paragraph before one of the kids needs something. But I'll take the kids over Karaoke any day. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment